If you’re in Barcelona and are curious about our program or simply interested in cooperation, emergency and sustainable urban development issues, come join us next week on the 17th & 18th of July, when our students will be presenting their master thesis before this year’s final jury.
Jury members include our co-directors Carmen Mendoza and Sandra Bestraten and course professors Emilio Hormías, Isabelle Anguelovsky and Pere Vall, as well as guest members Annette Rudolph-Cleff of TU Darmstadt, director of the Mundus Urbano consortium and Camillo Boano of the Bartlett Development Planning Unit UCL.
Thesis topics include:
- Shaping healthy communities in urban environments
- Pre-disaster informal housing design
- Informal development processes in refugee camps (Palestine and Colombia)
- Interdisciplinary facilitation and humanitarian aid
- Democratic values in building community resilience
- Bottom-up urban initiatives
- Evidence-based design applied to education in rural developing countries
- Violence-reduction through physical urban upgrading strategies
- …and much more!
Feel free to join the event on Facebook. We hope to see you there!